Welcome CraftFest Makers!
I'm SO glad you're here!
This page is your one-stop shop for all your Cricut Craftfest Engraving resources!
You CAN Love Engraving with Your Cricut Maker!
On this page you’ll find:
Tips for Your Engraving Project-
Tape your blank down REALLY well so it doesn’t shift.
Expect it to take 4 hours- to get that super sparkly effect takes a while. But I promise it’s worth it!
The tool will stop and rotate- that’s normal for longer projects.
Want to Know What Cricut Craftfest is?
Cricut Craftfest is a FREE 5-Day event to craft your way to confidence with 30+ inspiring Cricut projects for all skill levels.
***Register for a FREE Ticket to the Cricut Craftfest event happening on Feb. 21st- 25th!***
My new workshop, Engraving Infusible Ink Metal Keychains is part of Craftfest- and ONLY available through Craftfest.
This event is hosted by Abbi Kirsten of Abbi Kirsten Collections. I so thrilled to be a part of it!
Get the All Access Pass
Did you buy the CraftFest All-Access Pass? Did you know my Tips for Engraving Metals mini e-book is included in the All-Access Pass?
The pass also includes instant (and lifetime) access to the 30+ CraftFest workshops as well as lots of other bonus resources. Including SVG designs, mini-courses, and bonus workshops!
Some of my (and your) favorite Cricut crafters are participating in this special event! It’s going to be AMAZING!
SO- to recap if you want to be able to watch any of the 30+ workshops at any time and get tons of free content- get the pass while it’s still discounted!
Get this engraving design, PLUS THREE more keychain engraving designs for FREE! Get them all in the Free Library.
Get More Free Engraving Designs!
Subscribe today and get the password to my Freebie Library and grab dozens of pre-filled engraving designs for free.
You’ll also get a weekly email with updates and even more freebies. Unsubscribe at any time and keep the password!
Craftfest Workshop Material List
These are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase through one of these links I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
For the Engraving:
- Round Sublimated Keychain Blanks (these are metal disks coated with a sublimation base with metal key fob bases). Here is another version of the same type of keychain. DHGATE CA has this listing for them. And here is a version for Canada that is actually a bottle opener too. Here is an etsy seller that has them. I’ll keep looking for other versions for you up North folks!
- Rectangle Sublimated Keychain Blanks
- Engraving Designs, from my Free Creative Resource Library
- Cricut Maker
- Strong Grip Mat with Painter’s Tape or Double-Stick Tape
- Cricut Engraving Tool (with Quick Swap Housing, or just the Engraving Tip if you already have the housing)
For the Infusible Ink:
- Cricut Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets (I use Galactic Stars, Retro Marble, and Distressed Blue scraps)
- Mini Easy Press, Easy Press 2, or Easy Press, or Heat Press
- Easy Press Mat or Ironing Pad
- Unwaxed Butcher Paper (some comes in the box with the transfer sheets)
- Heat Resistant Tape (Cricut sells this)
- 2 Sheets White Cardstock (one piece for jig and one for protecting iron-on surface)
For the Resin (optional):
- Resin- I use ICE Resin for this project as it’s a clear resin designed for jewelry, but you can use any epoxy resin.
- Popsicle Stick and Toothpicks– easy to pick up at craft store/grocery store
- Silicone Mat- I use one from the thrift store but you can purchase them and cut them to size as needed
- Tray– I just use old trays from the thrift store
- Safety Equipment- (optional) For small projects like these keychains I like to use gloves. You may also want a respirator with filters, etc. There is more on using resin safely here- https://jennifermaker.com/epoxy-safety-make-tumblers-safely/
A Special CraftFest Offer on Engraving Metals with Your Cricut E-Book
This 100+ page e-book solves the problems and expands the possibilities of engraving with your Cricut Maker.
It demos the different tools and materials you’ll use when making engraved necklaces, rings, serving ware like a grill spatula, and making engraved gifts like bookmarks.
You’ll also find answers to your engraving questions, troubleshooting, and a quick start guide.
You’ll even get bonus engraving designs so you can make the 7 project tutorials in the book w/ a commercial license included.
This offer is the offer I usually ONLY offer to my subscribers. But I’m opening it up to all my new Craftfest friends! This special price is gone once Craftfest is over. So grab it now!
Learn More About Engraving
I’ve picked my most helpful engraving posts and tutorials and linked them below!
Create Your Own Engraving Designs in Procreate
Create your OWN custom engraving designs on your iPad. In this post + YouTube tutorial, I show you how easy it is to draw your own designs and then fill them in.
And download the Free Procreate Engraving Brushset from the Free Library too!
Join the Engraving Metals with Your Cricut FB Community
For a super creative community that supports each other and the main goal is to try something new. We share our engraving successes and our fails in a kind of hive mind that enriches all of us. Curious? Join here.